Dubai, the capital of the Emirate of Dubai, is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located on the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula on the coast of the Persian Gulf and is a major global transport hub. Dubai has hot desert climate with mostly sunny days throughout the year and cool mild winters.TheUAE is a young and dynamic country with a diverse population, warm hospitality, political stability and economic vitality. It is also known for overall safety and religious tolerance. The UAE contains seven Emirates, each with their own laws, culture, tradition and landscapes, with Dubai being the second largest Emirate.
In recent years, Dubai is also being recognised as an education hub, with many globally recognised educational institutions and international universities setting up their campuses in Dubai and offering high quality education and qualifications that are at par with their western counterparts. The international universities with campuses in Dubai run programs that are based on the educational system of their respective country.
WHY STUDY IN DUBAI ?
- Dubai offers a range of study abroad options from public universities to private colleges and several options in between. UAE’s educational institutions are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and by the accrediting agency of the foreign university’s home country.
- Besides being a top tourist destination, it is also a popular study destination for many Indian students and students from other Asian countries because the cost of education is much lesser than compared to the universities in either UK, Europe or USA. Each year thousands of Indian students migrate to study and avail work opportunities in the UAE.
- Studying at Dubai will expose you to an internationalised culture – only 20% of the country’s population are Emiratis – the rest are from the surrounding Arab countries and the rest of the world. Walking down the streets, you will not only hear people speaking in English but also in Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Tagalog and many more.
- Many courses ranging from a wide variety of choices are available – Diplomas, Bachelors and Masters in Architecture, Aviation, Business, Design, Engineering, Information Management, Psychology, Social Science, Tourism Hospitality, and many, many more are offered by the universities and colleges in Dubai with emphasis on practical and real-world application.
- Although scholarships are offered by universities from time to time, they are extremely competitive due to the limited number of scholarships available at only certain times of the year.
- Universities in Dubai primarily have two intakes each year – January/February and/or September/October.
- Indian students planning to study in Dubai do not need to appear for English proficiency tests like IELTS, PTE or TOEFL.
- When you are not busy studying, the list of activities that you can participate in are really endless – water sports, parachuting, trekking, shopping, camel riding, exploring, dancing and much more!