Greece, officially known as the Hellenic Republic is a country located in Southeastern Europe on the southern end of the Balkan Peninsula. The country has land borders with Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Turkey, the Aegean Sea, the Ionia Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea. With a population of over 10 million, its capital and largest city is Athens followed by Thessaloniki. It is located in the crossroads of Europe and Asia with a stable democracy and modern economy. This Mediterranean country is considered to be the birthplace of academia and the western world owes many of its philosophical, cultural, social systems and beliefs to this ancient nation. The birthplace of democracy, government, the Olympics among many others, this country’s ancient scholars like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle made great advances in philosophy, medicine, astronomy, literature, drama and medicine.80% of the country is mountainous with Mount Olympus the highest peak. The government system is a unitary parliamentary republic, a developed country with a market economy. Greece is a member of the European Union (EU). Traditionally Greece was an agricultural country, but today the importance of agriculture is declining, and tourism is Greece’s biggest industry, with shipping coming a close second. Greece has a Mediterranean climate with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers.
Greece is a warm and welcoming country with most Greek speaking English in cities and urban areas. The crime rate in Greece is one of the lowest in the European Union.
WHY STUDY IN GREECE ?
- The Greek’s higher educational system is ranked 41st in the world and is well respected. Greece has mostly public universities spread across the country – around 24 universities and 16 technical educational institutes (TEI).6 of these Greek universities are included in the QS World University Rankings. As an EU member state, Greece is a member of the Bologna process so students can earn and transfer credits(ECTS) between other European Union member nations.
- The duration of most Undergraduate programs is 4 years. Some programs like Engineering, Dentistry, Fine Arts, Agronomics, Pharmacology have a duration of 5 years while Medicine is the only discipline with a duration of 6 years.
- Teaching in the universities is mostly in Greek although specialized study programs are taught in other languages, mostly English.International students are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English by undertaking IELTS, PTE or TOEFL.
- Greece is one of the cheapest countries in Europe for international students. The tuition fees are considerably cheaper in comparison to other European countries. On average, a student would need around 450-700 EUR/month for all expenses including accommodation, which is comparatively reasonable to other locations in Europe .
A: It includes services like course selection, college/university selection, application, visa application, bank loans, SOP editing and accommodation.
A: With a whopping 4.9/5 rating in Google and 300+ university tie ups along with an array of services including IELTS/SAT/GRE/GMAT/TOEFL coaching by experienced professionals, it is indeed one of the best study abroad consultants in Kolkata.
A: Yes, they help you to take the first steps and provide informed guidance about abroad education.
A: Some questions to ask an overseas education consultant near me are:
- What countries are best for foreign students?
- What are the best courses according to my academic profile?
- How can I apply to a certain college?
- What are the costs of abroad education to a specific country?
- How can I get a student visa?
- How to choose a country according to my interests?
A: The consultation process is free in Bluesky Education (Charges applicable only for premium colleges like the Russell Group Colleges or Ivy League Colleges). You can book a free counselling session with our expert counsellors. Call on +91 3335445028 / +91 18008910993 or use the form on the website to register.
A: Yes, many universities and colleges offer full and partial scholarships to the international students. After evaluating your profile, our expert team can suggest you some scholarships to apply for.
A: Yes, you can study medicine abroad. We can suggest you some courses and best colleges in different parts of the world.
A: You apply for study abroad scholarships to help you with the costs and also apply for bank loans.