Italy, officially known as the Italian Republic is a country in Southern Europe with a long Mediterranean coastline and surrounded by the countries of Austria, France, the Vatican, San Marino, Slovenia, and Switzerland. The Italian peninsula’s unique boot shape makes it easily recognisable on any map. The country including the islands of Sicily and Sardinia occupies strategic location because of its dominating central Mediterranean and proximity to Western Europe across the Adriatic Sea. Its capital city, With a population of over 60 million, Rome is one of the oldest cities in the world with the urban area containing 25,000 important sites and locations. In fact, Italy is home to 55 UNESCO World Heritage sites making it the country with the most World Heritage sites. Other prominent cities include Naples, Milan, Florence and Venice. Italy is a single parliamentary republic with the chief of state being the President, and the head of government being the Prime Minister.
Italy has a highly diverse climate ranging from humid subtropical to humid continental to oceanic. Italy has a diversified capital mixed industrial economy, divided into a developed industrial north, and a less developed, welfare-dependent, agricultural south. Italy is also a member of the European Union (EU). The country’s main economic sectors are tourism, fashion, engineering, chemicals, motor vehicles and food. Italy’s northern regions are per capita amongst the richest in Europe.
WHY STUDY IN ITALY ?
- Italy is a popular destination for international students because besides having a rich history and tradition of higher education in the western world, it continues to offer high quality education at affordable tuition fees when compared to other Western European countries. There are more than 30,000 international students in Italy with many being on exchange programs.
- Right from the time of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, Italy is home to many prestigious universities offering higher education with many ranking in the top 200 in the QS World University Rankings. The world’s oldest operating university, University of Bologna was established in 1088. Italy is signatory to the Bologna Process – European Area of Higher Education Reform and is home to 97 universities and 137 higher education institutions which can be categorised into – State/Public, Provincial, Private universities and Graduate Schools.
- Ital’s higher education system offers different levels of study – Bachelor’s (Laurea), Masters (Laurea Magistrale) and PhDs across several disciplines including Administration, Art Studies, Architecture, Aviation, Business, Design, Education, Fashion, Performing Arts, Tourism and Hospitality and many more.
- Italian universities offer scholarships and grants based on academic merit and co-curricular activities.
- Although Italian is the main language spoken in Italy, increasing number of higher education programs are being offered in English. International students are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English by undertaking IELTS, PTE or TOEFL.
- Students can travel easily across the country and across Europe with great inter-connectivity on buses, trains and flights. The country with one of the most friendliest people add to the charm of Italy making it truly a country of charm, history, fashion and multicultural ambience – an experience that is cherished by every international student.
A: It includes services like course selection, college/university selection, application, visa application, bank loans, SOP editing and accommodation.
A: With a whopping 4.9/5 rating in Google and 300+ university tie ups along with an array of services including IELTS/SAT/GRE/GMAT/TOEFL coaching by experienced professionals, it is indeed one of the best study abroad consultants in Kolkata.
A: Yes, they help you to take the first steps and provide informed guidance about abroad education.
A: Some questions to ask an overseas education consultant near me are:
- What countries are best for foreign students?
- What are the best courses according to my academic profile?
- How can I apply to a certain college?
- What are the costs of abroad education to a specific country?
- How can I get a student visa?
- How to choose a country according to my interests?
A: The consultation process is free in Bluesky Education (Charges applicable only for premium colleges like the Russell Group Colleges or Ivy League Colleges). You can book a free counselling session with our expert counsellors. Call on +91 3335445028 / +91 18008910993 or use the form on the website to register.
A: Yes, many universities and colleges offer full and partial scholarships to the international students. After evaluating your profile, our expert team can suggest you some scholarships to apply for.
A: Yes, you can study medicine abroad. We can suggest you some courses and best colleges in different parts of the world.
A: You apply for study abroad scholarships to help you with the costs and also apply for bank loans.