About South Africa
“The Rainbow Nation” About South Africa: South Africa, also known as the “Rainbow Nation”, is famous for its natural beauty and cultural diversity. The capital of the country is Pretoria and its largest urban area is Johannesburg. South Africa enjoys a stable mixed economy with its fertile agricultural lands, abundant mineral resources, tourist attractions, and highly evolved intellectual capital.
Why Study in South Africa:
- The high academic standards of the South African universities combined with the culture and scenery of this incredible country makes studying in the Rainbow Nation a superb choice for any international student.
- Stay Back Option: A Critical Skills Visa allows a student to apply for a Work Permit ranging from 1 year to 5 years (both part-time and full-time jobs).
- Permanent Residency Option: After 3 years of work experience in the country a student is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency status.
- Due to the country’s growth, an international student in South Africa will find internships, part-time jobs in any field of his choice.
- South Africa’s programs are more affordable. The cost of living is also significantly lower than most places in Europe or the USA.
- After completing their studies, students can find employment in the 53 different categories of shortage occupations and apply for a Critical Skills Visa.
- South Africa is an industrialized nation and a world leader in mining and mineral processing. Its major industries include manufacturing, agriculture, financial services, and banking which offer employment opportunities in major cities like Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
- South Africa has an affordable healthcare system and its private healthcare is at par with the best in Europe and the USA.
- South Africa enjoys spectacular weather and is known for some of the best beaches.