Switzerland is the birthplace of famous Hospitality schools and is home to some of the best Culinary Schools in the world.
Switzerland is bordered by Italy, France, Germany & Austria. Switzerland is a beautiful country divided between the Alps & the Swiss Plateau with the Alps occupying the greater part of the territory. The official languages spoken in Switzerland are German, French & Italian; although the majority of the population are German speaking. In addition to being the birthplace of the Red Cross, Switzerland is home to numerous international organisations, including the second largest UN Office. At the European level, it is a founding member of the European Free Trade Association, but notably isn’t a part of the European Union or the Eurozone. However, it participates in the Schengen Area and the European Single Market. According to Mercer, Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult. Its capital city is Bern with Zürich and Geneva each ranked among the top cities in the world for quality of life.
WHY STUDY IN SWITZERLAND ?
- Location – Located between Germany, France & Italy, Switzerland is a great place to explore Europe from. It consistently ranks among the best places to live in the world. Switzerland is a Schengen country so you can travel to 25 Schengen countries with your Swiss visa. There are loads of green areas, lots of lakes and of course, the Alps. The country’s most famous food exports are cheese and chocolate, so you can expect a pretty happy population!
- A Country both Beautiful & Safe – Switzerland boasts of a diverse countryside, allowing visitors to enjoy the picturesque landscapes. The crime rate is low, making the major cities some of the happiest cities in Europe. Switzerland has a brilliant transport infrastructure, meaning that it is easy to travel around and really get to know the country. Here’s why so many students are deciding to choose Switzerland as their destination to study abroad.
- Best Culinary Schools – Switzerland has some of the best & renowned Culinary Schools in the world, producing some of the best leaders in the field of Hospitality. Students are consistently happy with the high-quality facilities throughout the country’s institutions, and are pleased with the level of teaching in their courses.
- Study & Earn – Every academic year consists of 6 months study and 6 months paid internship. During internships, you can earn between 1 to 1.5 lakh approx. per month.
- Accommodation & Food – Tuition fees include accommodation & food as the Institution takes care of the international students’ Accommodation & Food.
- Scholarships – from 2000 CHF (Swiss Franc) to upto 30% of the total Tuition Fees.
- Future Employability – In addition to a Swiss Culinary Degree or Diploma, a lot of people who study in the country develop a much better grasp of German, French or Italian, depending on where their Institution was based. Spending 3 years doing an undergraduate degree in Switzerland will allow you to quickly learn new languages, which means the whole world can open up for you in terms of future job prospects.